What job did you do as a teenager before you found your career path

mardi 15 avril 2014

I worked as a brewery assistant at Sarsons Vinegar in Tower Bridge Road at the age of 17, nearly 53 now. My job was basically to haul up the sacks of Malt from the ground level to the second floor of the brewery and empty them into the mills by rope, no fancy mechanical help. I must have been strong in those days, as there no way I could do it today. The vinegar was really dangerous stuff as it hadn't been diluted down with water at that stage.



But I remember this really strange room, that was adorned with pin ups of girls dating back to the early 20th century, the sort of thing where showing a bit of ankle was deemed daring.



I have passed the old site for the last 25 years on the train into London and it still brings back the memories. I think it is yuppie flats now?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire