Atlanta gets 22nd MLS team

mercredi 16 avril 2014

I know there is already an MLS thread (somewhere) and a soccer in the US thread, but I thought I'd add this one anyway.




Quote:








With the number of slots for MLS expansion teams dwindling, Arthur Blank and the city of Atlanta have made official their commitment to become the league's 22nd team.



Blank, the team's owner, and MLS commissioner Don Garber made the announcement on Wednesday in front of an enthusiastic crowd at a downtown Atlanta establishment, a group that included the team's supporters group, the Terminus Legion.



Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed, Georgia World Congress Center authority Frank Pope and CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb were also in attendance.



The team, which is still without an official name, will begin play in 2017.



I've been twitter-bombing Roddy White from the Falcons to talk Arthur Blank into giving me a job, but surprisingly haven't gotten a response. Guess I'll have to call in some favors from the pops. Can't wait until we get a partnership going with Palace and we can send all our hot young guys over there for Champions League domination. This part sounded familiar:




Quote:








Blank, who is also the owner of the NFL's Atlanta Falcons, insisted that he would strive to create a club that stays true to soccer's culture and unique fan base, and that the fans would have significant input as to the team's name and logo.



"This franchise will be owned by the fans," said Blank. "We will do everything we can to focus on the fans, to make sure we create the right atmosphere, to make sure that technically we have the best players, the best coaches. ... I promise you whatever resources it's going to take to give us a winning tradition, both on the field and off the field, you have that commitment from me."







0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire